Photos from India

Friday, March 28, 2008

Singapore

I find myself here in Singapore and can't even comprehend that a city or actually country for that matter can somehow exist in the middle of Southeast Asia. The prices are sky high on everything, I would have to say that the food and drink prices is right on par with any city in the U.S. In fact, if you could look past the fact that all of the people here have slightly darker skin and different shaped eyes, it could actually be a city anywhere in the U.S. Actually, I have to take that back. It is ten times cleaner and than anywhere I have ever visited and it has the most sophisticated, smooth operating and overall absolutely incredible public transportation system you could ever imagine. Even the bus stops have computerized boards that say what bus numbers are coming and how far they are away. While I am not a city person, I have to say that Singapore is a nice stop over for a few days to get a quick glimpse of civilization before I head off to Cambodia.

No comments: