Photos from India

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Trying to avoid the monsoon season

A couple of days in Delhi (officially the dirtiest place I have ever visited) was more than enough for me. It is the monsoon season right now and the sky stays gray with a couple of heavy downpours each day. While the Taj Mahal is high on my list of things to see in India, I decided to wait until the remain and clouds are gone in just a few weeks time. In the meantime I decided to head up into the heart of the Himalayas that fortunately lies in the shadow of the monsoons.

I was originally going to fly to a city called Leh today but fortunately the flight was cancelled and changed till tomorrow. I say fortunately because I have come down with the worst imaginable Indian Stomach sickness that ever existed! Seeing as how I only left my hotel room to get water and a bowl of cornflakes today, there is no way I would have ever made that flight!

No comments: