Photos from India

Friday, February 16, 2007

Departing in 3 1/2 hours!

Well, it's 3:30 in the morning in Birmingham, Alabama and I am still awake. I have spent the past couple of weeks living one of the most hectic lifestyles of my life. Almost as bad as architecture shcool! A few minutes ago, I zipped up my bags and am now ready to hit the road. As I say that, I realized I don't have any of my iteneraries printed out, nor have I checked in online! Oh well, almost thought of everything.
It has been a difficult week wrapping up everything, with work, finances and miscellaneous trip needs, but the really hard part has been saying goodbye to so many great friends and especially my family. I hope everyone can try to understand what I am doing. Realistically even I dont' understand it. I just know that I love being on the road and seeing new places. A life less ordinary I guess.
As for current trip plans, I am heading for Tortola in the morning. From there, it looks like I will be in Puerto Rico for a couple of weeks before meeting up with another sailboat somewhere. I am waiting to hear back from a couple of people to determine where my next path will take me. I should know something soon, but at the monent, it is pretty nice not having any particular agenda! I wish you all well while I am gone and I hope to share my many adventures with you while I am away! Forgive the straght and to the point email I sent ealrier in the week but I was distracted and not myself. Or maybe I was myself and was just distracted? Either way, I couldn't find words that were more in line with the nature of this trip and just wanted to let everone know I was leaving. I hope you all stay in touch and keep sending me pictures of the good times and changes back home!

No comments: